Harriet Tubman

In the comments section of this post, write three complete sentences about what you learned about Harriet Tubman from watching the video. Then write a single sentence about what you think about Harriet Tubman and what she did. That leaves you with FOUR TOTAL SENTENCES.

Mason's Mustangs 208

20 Comments

1. Harriet Tubman escaped to the north on the Underground Railroad. After she got there she went back to take her family to the north bit her parents did not go just her siblings. She made 17 successful trips to the south and freed more than 300 slaves. I think Harriet Tubman was very brave and strong to be able to go back to the south after she escaped.

2. Harriett Tubman was a former slave on a plantation, who wanted to run away to the north to freedom. Her attempt was successful, because she took the Underground Railroad which is a system of houses with many pathways to the north. She made seventeen other successful trips bringing slaves to freedom. Harriett Tubman was a wonderful and brave woman who risked her life to bring slaves to freedom.

3. I leaned that Harriet is brave and never turns down a good challenge. She also puts her family before herself. She doesn’t care what other people say she just follows what god tells her to do. I think Harriet is brave and confidant to help her family but also risking her life but she still went back and forth to the south and the north for her family.

4. I learned that Harriet Tubman had taken 17 trips back and forth from Pennsylvania and Maryland. I also learned that she saved more than just her family, she also saved her friends. Lastly, she had a BIG reward because she was so kind and helpful to slaves. I think she was brave, but foolish. Everything turned out okay, but…. she could’ve been caught.

5. I learned how Harriet Tubman helped over 300 slaves in 17 trips back to the south. I also didn’t realize quite how scary and hard these trips were. Harriet Tubman’s trips were very dangerous, especially considering that she was a woman, with a deliberating injury (ok, I didn’t exactly learn that from the video), a former slave, and even ran back to her own plantation were the paddy-rollers knew her best. Harriet Tubman was quite an amazing woman, who went to the point where she was risking her life to help her enslaved family, and ever some whom she’d never met. Harriet was very brave and daring, and extremely kind.

6. From watching the video, I learned:
    1. Harriet Tubman went back to the south 17 times to help her family and other slaves escape.
    2. Harriet Tubman helped more than 300 slaves escape.
    3. Harriet Tubman worked as a spy and nurse during the civil war.
    I think that Harriet Tubman is one of the most amazing people that I have ever heard of. I also think that Harriet Tubman was very brave to go back and rescue her family and even people she didn’t know especially with all of the people trying to capture her.

7. After watching the video, I learned that Harriet Tubman went back and forth 17 times from the South and the North to help slaves get to Pennsylvania and to freedom. Harriet Tubman turned her backyard into a place where escaped slaves could live and kids could play. Her mother and father were separated and she had to find both of them in different places while being chased by a man in a carriage. In my opinion, Harriet Tubman was very brave to go back so many times knowing she could get caught and killed or at least hurt badly.

8. I learned that Harriet Tubman has a quite remarkable and brave spirit! She went back 17 times, risking her life, to help the other slaves, plus It was a 93 mile WALK. Think of how quick and easy It could’ve been If you went by car (which they didn’t during that time), but still, that’s a long walk. And most of her life was spent helping others, she’s awesome!

9. That she made 17 trips to the south. She was from Maryland. They called her Moses. She did amazing things.

10. I learned that Harriet Tubman helped more than 300 slaves escape and did 17 trips. She also turned her backyard a place were escaped slaves could live. She was a nurse in the civil war.

11. I learned that Harriet Tubman helped more than 300 slaves escape and did 17 trips. She also turned her backyard a place were escaped slaves could live. She was also a nurse in the civil war. I think she was very brave.

12. I learned that she helped 300 hundred slaves get out of slavery,

And that she turned here house into a place were the sick people could stay.

And that she want on 17 trips to help get slaves out of the north.

And I think that she was a vary brave woman and she ricked her like for other slaves.

13. One thing I learned about Harriet Tubman is that she was a escaped slave. Another thing I learned was that she helped over 300 slaves escape the North. The last thing I learned was that she served as a spy and a nurse in the Civil War on the Union side. I think that she was a very brave person because she risked her life for the slaves.

14. ok so what she ddid was amazing! Especially because she was the first one! i learned that she helped 300 people! She also went 17 times WOW! It is 900 miles to go there! I love her she was a USA hero and i think that they should put her on the $20 bill! Some one might kill her if they found out! They said she was modern day Mosses! That would feel so good to be cold that!

15. I learned that she is brave and will do any challenge that comes in her way like a metal fence. Like when she traveled 17 times to save her family and that she still saved 300 slaves to the north. After her slave time she was a nurse and spy in the civil war on the union side and she died at the age 93 March 10 in 1913 and before she died she turned her home in to a refuge for the sick.

16. From watching the video about Harriet Tubman, I have learned that Harriet Tubman was an escaped slave who surprised the headquarters of the Pennsylvania Anti-Slavery society (the headquarters referred to in the video), by going south to rescue slaves.
    She made 17 trips south to rescue as many people as she could.
    Harriet Tubman made these trips from 1849 to 1860.
    I think Harriet Tubman is one of the most respectable figures in the history of the world for her bravery in leading her fellow slaves to freedom.

H

17. I learned that Harriet Tubman went back and forth 15 times to get all her family and friends to freedom. I also learned that Harriet Tubman lived to 93 years old. I also learned that she was a doctor in the Civil War. I think that she was amazing because she went back and forth from her plantation to Pennsylvania 15 times even though it was dangerous and that makes her very courageous.

18. I learned that Harriet Tubman lived to be 93 years old. I also learned that she went back and forth from the freedom lands to the you will be wiped if we catch you lands multiple times. When she had past away she had rescued more than 300 slaves. I think Harriet Tubman was an amazing woman and let’s be honest a VERY brave woman too. She risked her life to come an free slaves. She lived a good and a pretty challenging life too. I reallythink she should be put on the 20 dollar bill after all she did.

19. I learned that she traveled 17 times back and forth to just save her family thats amazing. I do risky stuff but not that risky. I also learned that the owners were very mean and just for letting your daughter escape they would whip you. THATS JUST CRUEL. Lastly I learned that it was all about survival in the Civil War!

20. Harriet Tubman was a slave that wanted to run to freedom she lived in Maryland came back 17 other times set over 300 slaves free. The free state that she went to was Pennsylvania. If you were found escaping you would be whipped.