Mason's Mustangs 208

17 Comments

1. I think it was a really good speech. I think the part where the birds were fighting each other was a great idea. Because Lincoln was talking about Civil War. Another good idea was when he showed the states being stitched together. Because Abe was talking about the Country being brought back together.

2. I think that mostly the whole speech was about equality. I also think that the slaves and there chains breaking was a great idea. Because Lincoln wanted slavery to stop. One more thing that I thought was very interesting were the flags. Because the Confederates and the Union were fighting.

3. That was a great video. I thought it was a good part when at the beginning when it said that all men are created equal. Another thing I thought was cool was when he said I dedicate a portion of the battlefield and some of it rose up.

4. I think that the speech was a very good one, it really made you think about how horrible the civil war was. The graphic designer did a good job representing the speech, like when the two eagles were fighting. The eagle is the U.S. symbol and that represents the country fighting, the eagles represented the North and the South. I also think that the feet with the chains around them were the feet of slaves, and when the chains broke that was when all the slaves were freed. I also liked when the designer took the different parts of the U.S. and stitched them all together like the the war being over and the U.S. making up.

5. I think the chains that broke represented that their would no longer be slavery. The flags that changed appearances meant that the country had reunited again.The flags had gone from the Union flag, then the Confederate flag, and finally the the flag that they share today.The speech was well illustrated and I think Adam Gault and Stefanie Augustine did a wonderful job.

6. This was a very important speech and it was put into a video that really explained Abraham’s speech. The two birds fighting was very representative of the Civil War. I think the Gettysburg Address speech was a great idea created by Abraham Lincoln. Every person that died in the Civil War deserves to rest in peace. I also think that the United States being stitched together represents our country being reunited.

7. I think that the video was very sad and the voice was a little creepy. I liked that the eagles were fighting because it represents the Union and the Confederates in the Civil War . I also liked the picture of the slaves with the chains breaking because it represents that Lincoln wanted to end slavery. I think that the creator did a good job of the pictures in the video. The speech itself was about all men being created equal but some of the words I did not understand.

8. I think the meaning of the chains that broke represented the slaves being freed after the war when the North won. I think when there was the United States broken up by war and then were stitched back together to represent the country being one again. I think the meaning of the eagles fighting was that part of the United States was fighting against the other. I think when the ground rose up it was to represent the portion of the battlefield was dedicated to the people that fought in the war. I think the flags at the end were to represent that there was the Confederates and the Union and there flags joined to be the United States we have today. I think the burning trees represented how bad the battle of Gettysburg was and how much destruction it caused.

9. I liked the video. I think the chains on the black peoples legs and braking off there legs means slavery has ended. I think the two birds fighting each other was the symbol of the two army’s fighting till they die. Last I think the states sewed together means the USA is now one country again.

10. I think the meaning of the speech was to inform the United States that it was being stitched back together and anyone that died in the war would never be forgotten. For example, the states were being stitched together like the United Slates were torn apart but then stitched back together. Another big part of the speech was slavery. The picture showed African American men with shackles on their feet. But they broke apart representing the fall of slavery.

11. I thought that it was as very powerful speech and it stood out to me when he was talking about reuniting the USA after a hard war. I liked the man reading the speech, his voice sounded like Abraham Lincolns. My favorite part was when the states were sown back together, I think it meant that they had broken apart and Abraham was trying to bring them back. I think that it is interesting that he starts out his speech 87 years ago with the Declaration of Independence when are country was founded.

12. It was a great speech. I think President Lincoln was trying his best to get the United States back together. And i also agree with Amare that when the birds were fighting it was a good way to show how the states were fighting.

13. This video meant to me that Abraham Lincoln wanted peace between the unions. When the Eagles were fighting that represented the unions going back and forth in “The Killing Race”. Also when the slaves were in the chains that meant that slavery was still going on, then when the chains broke off the slaves it meant that there was hope for slavery to end.

14. I really like the powerful words that Abraham Lincoln used. I really don’t get the part were the slave part and the war are put together. But I really like how all the traditions were put together like the slave chain and the the underground roots that represented how long things can go on. The transitions really helped. I like his speech.

15. I think this is a very powerful speech by Abraham Lincon. I think the Eagles fighting stood for the soldiers fighting. I think the states coming back together was cool because it stood for the states reconnecting to one country. I think this video explains the speech very well.

16. I like the part where they chain up all the states than pull them together. I also love the part when the eagles are fighting each other. I think the best part though was the people in chains. I think it is the most creative part.

17. I really love the part when the states get stitched back together. I also love how they made it when Abraham Lincoln was actually saying that speech at that exact time. I really like the speech that he made and I also like all the ”animations” that they made like when the eagles are attacking each other.