WWII Schema

In the comments section of the post, write 3 COMPLETE SENTENCES about what you know about World War 2. You are all going to have varying levels of background knowledge, but write what you know. Ask a parent or sibling if you are struggling to come up with 3.

Mason's Mustangs 208

19 Comments

1. japan bombed Pearl Harber to get America in the war.
    Germany tried to invade part of Europe and other parts.
    alies teamed up to defeat Germany.

2. I know that Japan bombed Pearl Harber so that they could get america into the war. Also, allies teamed up against Germany so that they could defeat them. My last fact is that Russia was the country with the most causalities. They had over 21,000,000 people die during war!

3. The Nazis were involved in World War 2.
    Japan bombed Pearl Harbor at one point.
    World War 2 started in 1939 when Germany invaded Poland.

4. Nazi’s were the main subject in WWII. The Japenese bombed Pearl Harbor to get USA involved. The nuclear bomb and hydrogen bomb were used first in WWII. WWII is the biggest war in history

5. The Nazis are a big part of the war.The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor to get the USA into World War 2.The Germans get punished badly.

6. USA got involved in WWII on Sunday, December 7, 1941 when a Japanese naval fleet bombed Pearl Harbor, a strong US naval base in Oahu, Hawaii. The USA military actually intercepted a transmission saying that the Japanese were going to attack, but they thought it was an empty threat. After the bombing on the following Monday, which had sank the USS Arizona and other ships that included 8 aircraft carriers, the US declared war on Japan, Nazi Germany, Vichy France and Italy. This boosted the Allies morale because Germany had been dominating in Europe so far. Vichy France was France occupied by Germany, and the Maginot Line had been built on the border of France prior war to protect France from Germany and Italy. They thought they were safe by signing a defense treaty with Belgium that said if either was attacked, the other would come to it’s defense. But at the start of the war, Belgium declared herself neutral, and broke all defense treaties. Long story short, France was left hanging. Germany attacked and went through Belgium, around the Maginot Line, and conquered France. Then the Germans turned France into Vichy France, and also turned the Maginot Line guns around, and started fighting the Allies. So for France, 2.9 billion francs had been wasted. That’s the sum of the beginning of the war.

7. I know that Germany started the war. German solders are called Nazis. I also now that that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and that some countries teamed up to try to defeat Germany. I also know that on May 10, 1940 Germany attacked western Europe.

8. Perl Harbor was bombed in WWll and thats how we got in WWll. Germany was kind of the country to beat and they got punished. More than 60,000,000 were killed which was 3% of the world population.

9. 1.I know that in world war 2, more than 38,000,000 people died.

2.I know that japan bombed Pearl Harbor.

3.I know that Japan surrendered to the U.S.

10. 1. I know that the germans started world warII
    2. I know that there is a tank named after the civil war general sherman.
    3. I know that America got involved because of the bombing of pearl harbor.

11. I didn’t know a lot about World War II bc I haven’t been in class during the discussions, so I went on line and found:

1. World War II started on September 1,1939 and ended on September 2, 1945.

2.In World War II more than 38,000,000 people died.

3.World War II took place in Europe, East Asia, and islands in the Pacific Ocean

12. World War II started basically started when Adolf Hitler decided to invade Poland. This invasion started on September 1st, 1939. There were five german armies with 1.5 million men, 2,000 tanks, 1,900 modern aircraft faced less than a million polish troops, and fewer than 500 tanks. Within five days, Germany had occupied all frontiers, and 25 miles Warsaw, the Polish Capital. Germany’s leader, Adolf Hitler, want power and basically rule the while annihilating all people without pure German blood and/or all people of Jewish faith. Hitler put all Jewish people into concentration camps. These “camps” are where Hitler killed Jewish people young and old. He sent German troops into people’s homes and took everyone who was Jewish. Along with all those people lived a young girl named Anne Frank. Anne Frank was dead by the end of the war, but her father wasn’t and found her old diary, and published it as a book. Now that Germany was becoming more powerful, it took over more countries and France (Germany’s ali) helped Germany get even more countries. Now all the countries against Germany became alis and tried to defeat it. Now the U.S. didn’t want to get involved because it was small and ill-equipped. The US didn’t get involved until the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The U.S. had heard about the planned bombing and when it was, but the Japanese bombed earlier than expected. At 7:55 AM, December 7, 1941 the first target was hit and by 9:45 AM it was all over. There were 2,403 people who died in the bombing. This was all because Japan was angry that they were being ignored and wanted into the war. Thus, they decided to get America into the world. Now, the american president at that time, Roosevelt, decided to put all japanese american people in “camps”. But didn’t really kill them, just kept them there. Now America declare war on Japan, and one day later declared war on Germany and France. Now all Jewish people tried to run away from Germany, America tried to help Jewish people, and Japan and France helped Germany. The war took over 15,000,000
    lives in the military, 25,000,000 wounded in battle and 45,000,000 civilian deaths. The war formally ended on September 2nd, 1945. I would go more indepth but then I would of wrote a thousand words.

13. When Germany annexed Austria and invaded Checloslovakia and Poland World War 2 was starting. The USSR were also invading Poland. France and the UK were telling Germany to stop.And it didn’t it also gained an allies. Japan, Italy, Romainia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovak Republic, Thailand, Finland, Iran, Vichy France, Spanish States, Iraq, Syrian Republic, Albania, Croatia, Burma, After Japan took China {China}, Laos, Vietnam. After Japan bombed Pearl Harbor Allies. USA, Soviet Union, UK, France, China, Poland, India, Cuba, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belguim, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Checoslovakia, Mexico, Brazil, Philipines, Mongolia.

14. I know nothing about the civil war. I just know that Hitlar takes over Jermany. Also theres something called a Notcy.

15. I know that World War II took place in the 1940s. The United States became involved when Pearl Harbor was attacked. Then the United States military landed on Omaha beach in Normandy, France. Russia and Japan were also involved in World War II.

16. 1. I know that pearl Harbor got bombed to bring the USA in wwll.

2. Adolf Hitler was the leader of Germany at the time of wwll.

3. I know that the USA dropped the Atomic Bomb on Japan.

17. I know World War II started when Germany, lead by Adolf Hitler started to invade many different countries in the late 1930s. First, Germany peacefully took over Austria. Next, they invaded Poland. Germany also took over Belgium, Netherlands and France. During all this time, Hitler ordered people to take and then later kill Jewish people of all ages. On the other side of the world, Japan started to invade countries in Asia, such as Singapore and China. After invading countries in Asia, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941. The bombing lead the United States to declare war on Japan and Germany. The United States and England fought together to defeat the Germans and Japanese. One of their big attacks was in 1944 when the United States and Great Britain landed on the beaches of Normandy, France. They fought the Germans all the way to Berlin where Germany surrendered in 1945. After many battles on islands in the Pacific Ocean, the United States dropped two nuclear bombs on Japan. Japan surrendered shortly after the bombing. World War II was officially over on September 2, 1945.

18. 1. I know that 6 million out of 9 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.

2. I know that the Pearl Harbor bombing put the U.S. in the war.

3. I know that D-Day was when we and our allies invaded Normandy, France.

Fun Fact: 12 year old Calvin Graham was the youngest U.S. serviceman.

19. So I’m not exactly sure how World War II started but this is what I know. Pearl Harbor was bombed and by the Japanese and that was when the United States started getting involved. I also know that Hitler was a terrible person and the leader of Germany. I also know there were concentration camps and that Ann Frank wrote a famous diary about WWII.