Our Amazing State

We are going to spend a bit of time talking about all of the amazing activities and places that North Carolina has to offer. In the comments section of this post, write 2-3  complete sentences about 3 places that you have been in North Carolina and what you loved about them. Here is an example below:

Our annual trip to Oak Island is my favorite place to go in North Carolina. I love to sit on the beach, play in the waves with my sons, and go for really long walks with my wife. We also look for turtle nests and visit them late at night when the are about ready to hatch.

Notice that I have written 3 complete sentences for my place, Oak Island.

Mason's Mustangs 208

42 Comments

1. I love going to Wrightsville Beach. At Wrightsville Beach I like to play miniature golf with my grandparents. I also like to lay in the warm tide pools on the beach.

• Same here! I really love the tide pools! Aren’t they amazing? I would lay there for hours if I could.

2. Charlotte North Carolina is fun I went to the white water rafting center there. I love to go climbing there and rafting. I like to go with my family and just hang out there and have fun my family likes it to.

3. One of my favorite place is downtown Hillsborough. Love eating at Radius Pizza, it’s so good. And Mathews Chocolate is the best.

4. One of my favorite places is bald head island because I get to play with my friends. And get to spend time with my family i also like to take walks on the beach. And drive around in the golf carts with me friends.

• I’ve never been there. But some of my friends go there all the time. I’ve been trying to convince my parents to let me go sometime.

5. I really like Ocracoke Island on the outer banks of North Carolina. Almost everything in the town of Ocracoke is in biking distance. When you ride your bike with the wind in your face, you get a sense of nirvana, adventure, and divine happiness.

6. Duke University is fun to go to I like to play on the fields with friends. I also like to run around the football stadium also the air vent is fun. I would definitely go there any time.

7. I have been to Wrightsville beach and the best part was going to my 4 story house. It has an elevator and we have a good view of the ocean. Also, we can walk to the beach (even though I don’t prefer to). I have also been to Franklin (AKA the mountains), where my grandma and grandpa live. They live on a mountain and they have 2 cats (one of them is sick right now :O). My grandpa has diabetes so he can never come to see us. I have also been to the Outer Banks where I tried fish for the first time (BLEAUUGH)! I also stayed at a hotel with an arcade machine. I went to the beach and (didn’t play in the waves.

8. I love being in Durham. I love to go to school at Durham Academy and learning new things every day. I also love going to a restaurant in Durham called Piper’s.

9. I absolutely love my family’s (not really annual) trip to Wrightsville Beach. Though I have not been there since 2012, I have great memories. Since it was January the water was freezing, so no swimming, but there was a big farmer’s market-like thing, that was really cool.

I also love going to American Tobacco near DPAC. A former tobacco factory, it is great representation of NC history,(my grandmother calls me a walking history lesson) and it’s an amazing view especially around the holidays. There’s a big cage like thing, and in the winter (Nov-Feb) it’s a big ice rink! Plus, a great restaurant called Tyler’s is there.

My last favorite is Duke Faculty Club. It’s an amazing summer hangout, where Lauren and I are both members so we go there a lot in the summer. There’s a game room with Mario and this super cool basketball game, and basketball courts, a pool, and a snack bar. It has parties for Memorial Day, Independence Day, and a big Easter Egg Hunt. It brings back great memories.

10. 1. I like going to Bald Head Island with my family. Every year my family does a treasure hunt. I also like going to Old Baldy the lighthouse. 2. I also like going to the DPAC with my grandma. My favorite show to see there is wicked. I love going out to dinner afterward.

11. One of my favorite places in NC is the University of North Carolina. I love going there and watching football games and having dinner on Franklin St. It is really fun when we do it.

12. I have been to the Outer Banks the best part about it was the dragon boat race because I got to see my mom race. There was face paint and there was a sand pit. Mom got in secend place.

13. I love to visit Topsail Island. It’s so fun playing in the water. I love building sand castles.
    2. Another place is my great aunt and uncles house. I love crabbing and going on his motor boat. And I love steamed crab fresh from the sound.

14. Blake I agree it is nice to have a school like Durham Academy to go to. Because it is nice to have a that great quality school. I also like going to a great Korean and Japenese restaurant called Min Ga.Ilike going because it has great quality food. Last but not least Seoul Garden where there is the greatest pachingae in the universe just saying pachingae means seafood pancakes. This is how you say it Pa-Ching-gea.

15. I like to go to Wilmington, because they have this really fun ghost hunt. I actually saw a ghost! Well first I heard a knock on a window, then I saw a misty figure fly out. Freaky, right!
    I also like to go to the Disney store at the Raleigh Mall. I LOVE tsum tsums! Sometimes they even have cute movie characters, like the peas in a pod.
    I also love going to Shiki Sushi, an amazing sushi restaurant. My favorites are the crab rangoon and the rainbow roll. I chose to go there every year for my birthday dinner since second grade. I just Love sushi.

16. I like going to Asheville . It is really close to the Biltmore. The Biltmore is fancy and huge. I also like going to the Outer Banks. The water feels good and the sand is perfect. On of my favorite places to go is Duke Gardens. The flowers are pretty and the plants are amazing.

17. I made some mistakes so here is what I meant. Blake I agree it is nice to have a school like Durham Academy to go to. Because it is nice to have a great quality school. I also like going to a great Korean and Japanese restaurant called Min Ga. I like going because it has great quality food. Last but certainly not least Seoul Gardens where there they make the greatest pachingae in the universe just saying pachingae means seafood pancakes. This is how you say it Pa-Ching-Gea so if you like sea food I think you should go there ( ; !

18. I love to go to the Duke Faculty Club. They have bbq cook outs where lots of people come eat dinner, talk, an listen to music. I also like to swim in there pool, do tricks in the shallow end and go down there water slide.

19. I love Chapel Hill, it’s so fun to have dinner on Franklin Street. It’s fun going to football games. It’s fun to walk around campus.

I love Bath N.C, it’s fun to swim in the Pamlico River. I like to go on the boat and wake board. I also like to hang out on our deck.

I like to go Greenville because my Grandfather’s farm is there. I like to hunt for deer. I also get to hang out with my Grandfather.

20. I like Hillsborough because it is very friendly and I live there! My family goes to Sunset Beach every year in the summer. It is really fun because I get to play with my cousins and we get to play on the beach all together! It is fun to go to Waynesville because I get to see my family!

21. I like downtown Durham it’s fun to look at the art and go to my dads office at DUKE. It’s also fun to go the Durham Blues games with my family. I also like going to the DPAC for shows I like to go with my dad and dress up.

22. My second favorite place is California. I Like it because there is a lot of things to see and do. You can go swimming see friends and much more. My third favorite place is to go to Colorado because one of why favorite thing to do is sky and in Colorado I a good place to do skying. And after that i like to go to my cabin and have hot chocolate. My favorite sloop to do is a black diamond.

23. My first favorite was Beaufort, I loved the dolphins and clear waters. And I got to stay there for a whole week! Second favorite Is Baldhead, I don’t why I loved It more when I was four, I guess I just don’t like pools as much now. But I still like It. My 3rd favorite Is Tennessee, I don’t remember much from there but I do know that I was visiting my step father. Which (trust me) would’ve been a blast!

24. Durham is one of my favorite places in North Carolina. I love the Museum of Life and Science because they have many activities for kids. Town Hall Burger & Beer has the best onion straws. DBAP is a great place to watch a baseball game because they have great seats and activities.

25. Another place I love is Asheville. I enjoyed going tubing in the river. I liked climbing in the waterfall it was amazing and beautiful. The Biltmore is so huge and I got to meet a real blacksmith.

26. The last place I love to visit in NC is Raleigh. I enjoy rock climbing with my family. I also like playing golf at the driving range. Raleighwood is my favorite movie theater ever because they serve chicken tenders, fries, popcorn, ice cream and other delicious food, and they play Looney Tunes cartoons before the movie.

27. 2. I really like Cashiers, NC. It’s a great place if you like hiking, and once I witnessed an unidentified flying object (UFO) after getting to the top of one of the mountains.
    3. I also really like the University of North Carolina campus. West Franklin Street is also on the campus and has a lot of great small buisinesses.

28. 3. I love the Duke football games. Love bouncing in the bounce house, relaxing in the tailgate, and most of all playing with my friends. GO DUKE!!!

29. I love Old Salem but my favorite part was the BAKERY. The food was so good.
    I also liked the shoe shop,guns smith shop and the general store.

30. One of my favorite places is Carowinds near Charlotte. I like to ride the roller coasters with my dad and pose for the cameras.

A new favorite place is Hanging Rock State Park. My mom and I went camping there and got soaked the first night when our tent leaked in the big rainstorm. But the next day we hiked to a bunch of waterfalls and I got to play in them. We didn’t stay a second night because our sleeping bags were soaked!

31. One of my favorite places to go is Bald Head Island. I love going to the pool, the beach, going to Delphinas the BEST place to eat on the island and more stuff like that.

32. One of my favorite places to go is Charlotte. I love going there with my family. My aunt and uncle have a house up there so we always see them when we go. We will always take a walk for like 15 minutes then we will go back to the house and and play games with each other.